Partnering for a Better DFW Economy
Our Value Proposition
The challenges of the 21st century marketplace call for businesses, professionals and community leaders to work together to promote the continued economic growth and vitality of the Metroplex. Hire DFW First is the forum to make this happen.
Hire DFW First is an initiative of CareerConnection. The mission of the Hire DFW First initiative is to support local employers with their corporate placement needs, assist professionals with lifetime career management and provide the community with a forum to partner for a better DFW economy.
Hire DFW First provides no-to-low cost alternatives to meet the hiring needs of the business community. The services we offer to businesses include:
- Access to a database of dynamic local talent to meet hiring needs.
- Interactive job posting board which disseminates opportunities to our entire membership or targeted distribution among its various specialized career management groups.
- Pre-qualified and pre-screened candidates.
- Assistance in placement across a broad range of functions from administration through senior level management.
- Seasoned professionals to meet both short- and long-term hiring needs.
- Special benefits for Sponsor Companies.
Hire DFW First offers numerous services to individuals concerned with lifetime career management. These include:
- Networking opportunities by peer group, geographic location and job function.
- Career counseling services.
- Continuing education programs.
- Up-to-date information on changes and trends in career management and the job search process.
- Entrepreneurial guidance and support for members who wish to set up new businesses.
The leaders of our community are a valuable resource in building a vital economy. Hire DFW First supports community leaders by providing the following services:
- A forum in which DFW businesses, professionals and community leaders can discuss issues and develop strategies to improve the local economy and promote local talent.
- Measures to counter the negative impact on the DFW economy by shortening career transitions and promoting local talent.
- Source of volunteers available for community services.
- Accurate data on individuals in transition, including detailed information that goes beyond the aggregate statistics of Federal and State agencies.
Visit Us On Tuesday Mornings at:
CareerConnection / Hire DFW First
University Park United Methodist Church
4024 Caruth Blvd. (at Preston Rd.)
Dallas, Texas 75225
hireDFWfirst@careerconnection.org • 214-739-7153